After installing WHMCS, nothing can be more annoying than obscure errors popping up. Not only are these errors frustrating and confusing, but they get in the way of your ultimate goal: automating your hosting plan reselling. And that can cost you money.
So how can we fix this error and get back to business fast?
- Investigate possible DNS issues (can you connect?)
- Make sure your WHMCS license is valid and connected
Investigate Possible DNS Issues
Your WHMCS site does not exist on an island, it needs to reach out to WHMCS servers to exchange important bits of data.
So you may need to ask yourself some questions:
- Are you hosting your site on a local server?
- Is your installation able to connect out to the web?
- Are there firewalls or security systems that might be blocking your app?
If you have trouble answering any of these questions, you should bring them to your IT manager or developer. They should be able to provide you with the information you need.
Connect Your WHMCS License Key
If you have not done so already, you must connect your WHMCS license key in order for the app to work correctly. Lacking the proper license may be part of the problem.
Remember, as a hosting plan reseller, you get a free WHMCS license key. All you need to do is grab your free license key from your Account Management Panel.
Check Out Our Video On How To Install WHMCS
If you haven’t installed WHMCS already, be sure to check out this helpful video and see how easy it is to get started with reseller hosting.
With our plans, we hope to address all possible errors and hiccups you may experience along the way from purchase to automation. But it’s always possible you might get stuck along the way. If that happens, make sure to drop a comment here, or just give us a call anytime.
Make sure to bookmark the reseller hosting product guide. There you’ll find full guides on how to automate your business and attract more customers.
For other informative articles on using WHMCS, please see:
- WHMCS Error – Order Cannot be Created
- WHMCS – Invalid TLD/Registration Period Supplied for Domain Registration
- WHMCS – Domain Checker Reports False Availability
- WHMCS – “There was a problem connecting to the domain registry”
- WHMCS – “There was an error in your request”
- How To Enable WHMCS File Attachments
- WHMCS “Department Not Found” Error