Configure local backups in WHM
If you have a VPS or dedicated server with WHM access, you can configure local backups on your server. This will allow you to maintain copies of your good data locally on the same server that you host your website with.
Set local backup options
Using the steps below I'll show how we can set our server's local backup settings so that we have a backup copy of our entire cPanel account, stored in the /backup directory on a daily basis to roll back to.
- Login to WHM with root access
- Type Backup in the find box, then click Configure Backup
- Change Backup Status to Enabled
- Change Backup Interval to Daily
- From the Days to Run Backup section, check all days
- Change Backup Accounts to Enabled
- Change Backup Destination to /backup
- Finally click Save
Thank you for your feedback!