- Log into your Account Management Panel
- Find and click the “Work in Control Panels” link
- On the next page, under your domain, click “cPanel Login”
- Under the “Files” heading, click the icon labeled “File Manager.” If you get a popup that says, “Directory Selection”, choose “Web Root” and “Show hidden files”, and then click “Go”
- Find the file you want to restore from backup, in this example index.php. We are going to temporarily rename the file. Right click on the file in question, and then click “Rename”. Rename the file to something such as index.php.bak or index.php.20110925 (the current date).
- To upload your backup file, click “Upload” in the top menu.
- On the next page, click “Browse” and then find the file to restore on your computer.
- After you have selected the file, it will begin to upload. When it has completed, test your website by going to domain.com/index.php. If you don’t see the changes, you may need to clear your browser’s cache and test again.
Backing up your website is a necessary step for all users. There may be times that you need to restore a file on your website from your own backup. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to use your File Manager to restore your public_html/index.php file.