Logaholic is a program that allows you to track statistics for your website. These stats allow you to see things such as how many hits your site gets on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. You can use these stats to compare and see trends to help your site become more efficient.
This article guides you on how to install Logaholic using the Softaculous installer tool located within your cPanel. (Shared servers have this program installed, but VPS and Dedicated servers must request this as a premium service.)
How to install Logaholic via Softaculous
- First, log into your cPanel dashboard.
- Locate the Software/Services category and then click on the Softaculous icon.
- From the Softaculous main page, find the Polls and Surveys category on the left-hand menu and click on the expansion icon. (It looks like a small gray arrow pointing to the right). From there find and click on the Logaholic link.
- The installation page comes up on the right. Click on the Install button located in the upper right corner.
- This brings you to an installation form. Fill out the form as needed:
Protocol Use https:// unless you specifically have purchased an SSL for your domain. Choose domain Select the domain to which you want to add the logaholic. In Directory Enter the subfolder in which you want the logaholic to be installed. For example, if you leave it as ‘logaholic‘ then you should simply go to sampledomain.com/logaholic to access it. Database Name The name of your logaholic database. Feel free to leave the default as it is randomly generated. Table Prefix Usually left as the default unless you have more than one installation, then you can give it another prefix. Admin Username This is the login name for the admin account. It is not advised to leave it as ‘admin.’ Admin Password The password for the admin account. Do not make it a password that is easy to guess. Real Name The name by which you want the Administrator to be known. Admin email The email address where the program can contact the admin.
- Once you have filled out the information, click on the Install button at the bottom of the page. Once the installation completes you will be given a success message.
Now that you have installed the Logaholic program onto your hosting account, be sure to learn how to log into the Logholic program. After that, be sure to set your log file path for collecting your website stats.