Softaculous is an application within cPanel that allows your users to install many different types of applications for their account. Using the interface provided within WHM, you can re-brand the site with your logo and site name. Follow the directions below to learn how to change branding in WHM.
Looking for a dependable Dedicated Server hosting solution? Check out the options provided by InMotion Hosting!
Note: In order to make these changes you will need to have root access to your VPS or Dedicated server.
How to Change the Branding for Softaculous in WHM
- Log in to WHM as a root user.
- In the search field in the top left corner of WHM type in Plugins.
- The menu for Plugins will appear in the left column of the page. Click on Softaculous – Instant Installs.
- You will then be shown the front page for the Softaculous application. In the menu bar at left, click on Settings.
- Scroll down and click General. Here you can change the following values:
Site Name You can fill in any name here. By default it is set to InMotion Hosting Logo URL This the URL leading to the graphic for your logo. The easiest way to verify this path is to copy the path into an internet browser window and then see if the image appears. Favicon logo URL This is the logo used in the tab section of your internet browser. You can create your own using GIMP.
The Logo URL for Scripts Demo and Custom link for Scripts Demo Logo are generally left blank because the script demo feature is disabled by default.
Once you have your Site name and logo URLs in place, then you can log in to cPanel and see branding present at the top of the internet browser page.