Softaculous Instant Installer allows you to quickly install a long list of programs – content management systems (CMSs), frameworks, etc. – in cPanel accounts, import manually installed software, set up staging sites, and more.
Softaculous is free with InMotion Business Shared Hosting and Managed VPS XGB RAM Hosting plans.
Customers on legacy VPS-X000HA-S plans can upgrade to a VPS XGB RAM plan with Launch Assist. Check your Account Management Panel (AMP) to see which plan you have.
Managed VPS and Dedicated Server Hosting customers can purchase Softaculous in AMP and gain additional features available with WebHost Manager (WHM).
But the question for a cPanel-managed VPS / Dedicated server administrator is…
Does Softaculous Suit Your Needs?
Yes, If You Want to…
- Enable cPanel users to quickly install web applications – WordPress, Drupal, Laravel, etc. – without dealing with SSH and long setup processes
- Force installed websites to use SSL (HTTPS) connections for better security
- Host a lot of WordPress sites with specific plugins and themes preinstalled for better security and performance
- View server-wide statistics for software installations to better understand which web applications to focus on in newsletters to cPanel users and resource monitoring
- Customize emails for cPanel users with specific software instead of emailing cPanel users separately
- Easily track and notify website owners of outdated installations
- Easily demo new applications without having to install anything first
- Make website development staging easier
- Make automated backups and software auto-upgrades easier
No If You…
- Don’t need to force newly installed web applications to use SSL (HTTPS) connections
- Have cPanel users that don’t install new web applications often and are comfortable with SSH, FTP, and manual installations
- Don’t host a lot of WordPress websites or need to encourage certain plugins
- Use a web analytics program already – Matomo, Google, Mixpanel, etc.
- Rarely send mass emails
- Don’t have to worry about outdated CMSs
- Have a preferred staging system or don’t need the feature
- Have a preferred backup setup
- Don’t want to pay more for your web hosting setup
Still have questions? Ask our 24/7 Live Support or Community Support Center.