Email devices are often confusing to set up, but your InMotion Hosting webmail now makes it easier to set up email by providing a way to get the settings to a specific account. This will look different on a business shared business hosting account versus a VPS or Dedicated account. The different versions are shown below along with the steps for getting the settings.
Getting Your Email Settings from Webmail on a Shared Business Hosting Account
- Login to Webmail.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen where it says Email Instructions. The screenshot below illustrates what you will see.
- Click on the field labeled Email, then in the email address where you want to see the configuration information.
- Click on the Send button.
Check your email and you should see a message with the settings for both the incoming and outgoing servers.
Getting Your Email Settings on a VPS/Dedicated Server
- Login to Webmail.
- If you’re not logged into a webmail client, then you will see the option to Set up email on your device on the right-hand side of the screen. You can see an example of this below. Select the device that you want to use.
- Type in the email address you wish to use.
- Click on Send.
When the email has been sent, you will see settings like the following:
Congratulations! Send yourself the email settings via webmail to help get your devices configured properly. To learn more about email, please see our Everything Email Education Channel.
Thoughts on “How to Set up Email with Webmail”
Is there another app to check mail apart besides roundcube and horde?
Hello Manuel – If you look in Softaculous under PERL, you’ll find Dada mail as an option you can install for free. You are also not limited to what is provided on the server. The webmail options of Horde (recently deprecated) and Roundcube are provided through the cPanel backend. Still, you can also use an email client of your choice, such as Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Gmail, etc. You would need to connect those email clients to your account.