The previous guide showed you how to create and download a backup using Softaculous. In this tutorial, we will show you how to restore the backup you created using Softaculous. This is helpful since it allows you to restore your own full website backup, including your database.
Restoring your website using a Softaculous Backup
- Log into your cPanel
- Click the Softaculous button under the Software/Services section.
- Click the Backup/Restore link, on the top right.
- On this page you will see a list of backups you’ve previously created. Next to the backup you would like restored, click the Restore icon to the far right (which looks like an arrow pointing to the left).
If you downloaded and deleted the the backup previously, it will not be listed. You must upload the backup to the softaculous_backups folder in your homedirectory.
- On the next page, select whether you would like to restore either or both your website files and your website database.
- Click the Restore Installation button
A progress meter will appear to show how much time is left with the restoration process. When it has finished, you will see a message stating “Your backup has been restored successfully.” At this time, if you visit your website and refresh the page, you should see your website restored to an earlier version!
Congratulations, now you know how to restore a backup you created using Softaculous!