While most features of your PrestaShop are found in the Back Office administrative area, you may need to make adjustments outside of the interface under certain conditions. Perhaps you need to alter one or more columns in the database directly or in bulk, such as a mass price change. In cases such as this, you will need to know which database to connect your database management tool, such as phpMyAdmin, to. Below is a set of steps that will help you to determining which database your PrestaShop 1.5 store is running.
Finding the database name for your PrestaShop 1.5 store
- First, log into your cPanel dashboard.
- Once inside the cPanel, you will need to enter the File Manager.
- After entering the File Manager, navigate to the root folder for your PrestaShop store. In our example, the folder is named prestashop and is located under the public_html root folder.
- Under the root folder for your PrestaShop store, locate and enter the config folder.
- Now that you are in the config folder, you will need to open the settings.inc.php file. To open the file, highlight it and click on the Edit icon located in the toolbar across the top.
- Once opened you will see several lines of code for various settings. Look for the DB_NAME line of code. You will see the database name defined on the right side of the code line. In our example, the database name would be _pstest1. The database name will be preceded by your cPanel username (userna5). You can see a sample line of code below:
- Write down the database name so you can remember it. Now you can locate the particular database to use for editing no matter how many you have in your account.