When installing DokuWiki manually, it can be time consuming and frustrating when complications arise. Softaculous is a program that allows the webmaster to install software easily. DokuWiki is a program that is available in Softaculous for install. This article will explain how to install DokuWiki using Softaculous.
Installing DokuWiki with Softaculous
- Log into cPanel
- Click Softaculous in the Software / Services section of the cPanel.
Click Wikis, on the left side, to show the list of available Wikis for install.
- Next, the DokuWiki Installation screen will display. Click the Installbutton towards the top right hand side.
After clicking install, Softaculous will begin to install Dokuwiki for you.
- Now the Software setup, Wiki Settings, Admin account, and Choose language settings can be set up.
– Select the domain from the Choose domain drop box.
– Leave In Directory blank.
– Choose protocol can be left as is.
– Enter the Wiki name
– Leave the ACL Policy as Open Wiki.
– Enter the Admin username and password.
– Enter the Real Name. This is for displaying on the site.
– Enter a valid Email address in the Admin email.
Important!! Softaculous will auto fill an invalid email address in this field, so be sure to update this with your actual email address.
Select Language: Select the language for the Wiki.
- Click Return to Overview.
Now, in the current Installations of Softaculous, the new installation will be listed in the list.
This concludes Installing DokuWiki with Softaculous. Now you will need to log into DokuWiki to start editing the site. The next “required reading” article will explain how to log into DokuWiki.