The InMotion Hosting Backup Manager plugin integrates cPanel with the remote backup system to allow you to maintain your backup data. For instance, you can perform a restoration, monitor the backup storage capacity, and control which data is backed up and how often. In this guide, you can learn how to enable/disable remote backups using the InMotion Hosting Backup Manager plugin in cPanel.
How to Enable/Disable Backups
- Log into cPanel.
- Click on the Backup Manager icon.
- Click the Backup Settings & Scheduling tab.NOTICE: Under the Backup Type column, there are typically 2 options: Home Directory and MySQL. You can configure the backup settings for each type by clicking on the triangle to expand the settings.NOTE: The Home Directory Backup Type includes all the files that exist in the cPanel user’s home directory. The MySQL Backup Type includes the databases created by the cPanel user. Each backup type should be configured based on your needs, however, the total disk space of all backup types combined may not exceed the 10GB default limit. Additional backup storage blocks can be purchased from the AMP Marketplace.
- Click on the expand/collapse triangle next to the Backup Type you would like to adjust the settings for.
- Click on the Enable or Disable Backups toggle button.NOTE: The toggle button will either display inactive (disable backups) or active (enable backups) and the text will change to display the selected setting (Disabled/Enabled).IMPORTANT: Once Disabled, your “Backups Available” that are 30 days old or older will eventually be deleted. If you would like to keep your available backups, then before disabling, we recommend restoring them to an alternate folder and then downloading the file(s).
- Click the Apply Changes button to save your new settings.
Congratulations! Now, you know how to enable/disable the Home Directory and MySQL backups using the Backup Manager plugin.