The Backup Manager plugin integrates cPanel with the InMotion Hosting automatic remote backup system to allow you to maintain your backup data. For example, the default ten gigabyte (10 GB) Backup Limit included can be divided up between the child accounts created by a reseller cPanel account. In this guide, you can learn how to set the Backup Limit for Child Accounts using the Backup Manager in cPanel.
Set Backup Limits
Before you begin, know that Backup Manager Child Account settings are only available when logged into cPanel as a user with Reseller privileges. Be sure to use your Reseller username and password to log into cPanel. The simplest way to do this, is to log into cPanel from your Account Management Panel (AMP).
- Log into cPanel.
- Once you are logged into cPanel, navigate to the Files subheader and then click on the Backup Manager icon.
- Click to select the Child Accounts tab.NOTE: Backup Limits can be enabled on your cPanel child accounts using this interface. Once enabled, backup storage space can be allocated on a per-account basis. If you do not need an account to be covered under the automated backup system the Backup Limit can be set to zero (0).
- Configure each child account as you desire.
- Click the Apply Backup Limits button beneath the list of child accounts to save your changes.
Congratulations! Now you know how to allocate Backup Space for your child accounts.
Backup Manager Tips:
- Need more space? Additional backup storage blocks can be purchased from the AMP Marketplace.
- You can enable Email Notifications on a per-account basis. If an email notification is On, then you will be emailed if that account is not getting backed up. Your parent account will always be notified if it’s not being backed up.