Forgetting your admin password can be annoying, but it is a common thing and certainly fixable. PrestaShop 1.5 includes a feature that helps you reset your forgotten password via email. This article will guide you on resetting your admin password, should you forget it, simply follow the set of instructions below.
Resetting your admin password in PrestaShop 1.5
- You first want to navigate to your admin area, where you will see the admin login box.
- Under the username and password fields, you will see a link entitled Lost Password?. Give that link a click.
- You are brought to a screen where you will enter your admin email address. This is the email address you use to log into the PrestaShop 1.5 admin area. Click on the Send button to send a new password to your email account.
- Open up your email account and locate the email. Your new password will appear in the email as below.
- Back in your PrestaShop program, click on the Back To Login link and you will be taken back the admin login page, where you can log into the admin are using your new password.
From here, you can change your password from the back office if you do not wish to use the temporary password generated for you by PrestaShop. For information on how to do that, see our article on changing your admin password in the back office.