How to hide when an Article was Published in Joomla 3.1
By default, Joomla 3.0 will display to your visitors the date when an article was published. If you don't wish to show this to users, you can toggle this option using the Show Publish Date setting. Joomla gives the following description for this setting:
Show Publish Date
If set to Show, the date and time an Article was published will be displayed. This is a global setting but can be changed at the Category, Menu and Article levels.
You can see in the screenshots below how this setting will affect the layout of your articles in Joomla 3.0:
|Show Publish Date: Hide||Show Publish Date: Show|
In our testing, this setting had no affect when viewing an article directly. Instead, it only affected category pages that showed a collection of articles that belong to that category.
To hide the Published Date of an article in Joomla 3.0:
- Log into your Joomla 3.0 Administrative dashboard
- In the top menu, click Content and then click Article Manager
- You will then see a listing of your articles. Click the article title of the article that you want to adjust Show Published setting for
- Above the article editor, click the Article Options tab
- Find the setting labeled Show Publish Date. Next to it, select either Use Global, Hide, or Show. Then, click the Save button in the top left of the page.
Joomla Community Google+ Hangout #3
June 3rd, 2014
Thank you @RustyJoomla for letting me speak on the Joomla Community Google+ Hangout!