How to Hide Article Categories in Joomla 3.1
When viewing articles in Joomla 3.0, the default behavior is to show the category the article belongs to. This is useful for your visitors. If they are interested in a particular article, they can click the category link to view other articles within the category.
Joomla 3.0 has an option you can use to toggle whether or not the category is shown to users. This setting is referred to as Show Category, and the following description is given:
If set to Show, the title of the article's category will show.
Hiding Article Categories in Joomla 3.0:
- Log into your Joomla 3.0 admin dashboard
- In the top menu, click Content and then click Article Manager
- You will then see a list of articles on the screen. Click the title of the article that you want to adjust the category setting for.
- In the list of tabs above the article, click the Article Options tab
- Next to the setting labeled Show Category, click either Use Global, No, or Yes. Then, click Save in the top left menu.
You can see in the screenshots below how this setting will affect your article:
Show Category: Hide Show Category: Show
News / Announcements
Joomla Community Google+ Hangout #3
June 3rd, 2014
Thank you @RustyJoomla for letting me speak on the Joomla Community Google+ Hangout!
Support Center LoginOur Login page has moved, Click the button below to be taken to the login page.
Social Media Login
2015-01-01 10:20 am
in the picture it's showen. See beneeth the Joomla logo says "Home"and then the article.
when I use a menu list with category items and click one item the page always shows the catgory.
I wish that could disabled,,
Post a Comment
Need more Help?
Ask the Community!
|Chat:||Click to Chat Now||E-mail:||support@InMotionHosting.com|
|Call:||888-321-HOST (4678)||Ticket:||Submit a Support Ticket|