Now that you have added the Forum module to your Drupal 7 site, you’ll need to configure it. Configuring the module is easily accomplished in the Drupal 7 dashboard.
To configure a forum in Drupal 7:
- Log into your Drupal 7 Dashboard
- Go to Modules
- Find the Forum module and click Configure
- Click on the Settings tab in the upper right
- Here you can set the overall settings for the Forum. You can change:
Hot topic threshold This is the number of replies a topic must have to be considered a “hot” topic. Topics per page The is the number of forum topics that you would like display on each page. Default order You can change the order in which forums are displayed. For example, you can show them by date or by how active they are.
- Click Save configuration once you have made the changes you’d like to make