InMotion Hosting’s Backup Manager for automated backups has an option to restore databases separately from files and folders. This is similar to restoring backups with cPanel MySQL Databases Below we cover how to restore a backup with cPanel Backup Manager.
Note: The Backup Manager is a different tool than cPanel Backup and Backup Wizard.
Restore a Database
- Log into cPanel.
- Click on Backup Manager.
- Click on MySQL (or PgSQL).
- Select a Restore From Date.
- Select a Database.
- Select the Restore to a different folder or Dump current database to path above and overwrite current database with the backup .
- Type the name of a directory you would like to use as the Dump Path.
Warning: Ensure the folder doesn’t already exist to prevent data loss.
- Select the option Dump backup to path above.
- Click Restore.
Remember, backups are but a layer to overall web security. For enhanced overall website security, consider the following: