InMotion Hosting Business Class and Reseller Hosting plans now include an exclusive Backup Manager plugin for cPanel. This application allows users to manage the automated backups that are stored remotely and includes the ability to backup and restore files/folders and databases. With great power comes great responsibility; No need to worry though because, in this guide, you can learn how to restore a backup file/folder using the Backup Manager.
- Log into cPanel.
- Click on the Backup Manager icon.
- Click the expand/collapse link Home Directory.
- Select the desired backup from the Restore From Date drop-down.
- In the Select Files field, click on the folder icon to traverse through a directory. Find the folder or file you would like to restore and click on the checkbox to mark it for restore.
- Select how you would like to restore the directory/file(s) by clicking on the radio button to the left of the option you would like.
- Click the Restore button.
- Click the Restore button again.
IMPORTANT: Clicking Restore will queue the restoration immediately, and restoring a backup is irreversible.
|Merge with original path.||This will merge the selected directories/files with the current data. If a file exists in the backup and in the current data and they are different, the backup will replace the current data file. If a current data file does not exist in the backup, it will remain the same.|
|Delete the original paths and replace them with the backup.||This will delete the current data and replace it with the backup data.|
|Restore to a different folder.||This will restore the contents of the selected backup to another folder, leaving the remainder of the current data untouched. This method is the safest way to restore individual files/directory without overwriting your current data.|