How to import a CSV file of email addresses into phpList
During our testing of phpList and the rate limiting feature it has available, we had the need to import a large number of email addresses into a mailing list. Just like us, if you already have a list of email addresses and you need to import them into phpList, you'll need to also know how to import email addresses in bulk.
In our example, we imported a CSV file with almost 400 email addresses in it. This is what part of our CSV file looked like:
As you can see, it is a simple text file full of email address, and each email address is separated by a comma.
To import a CSV file into phpList:
- Log into your phpList Admin (if you're following along with our example, we visited phplist.inmotiontesting.com/phplist/admin)
- Click "Manage Users" in the right menu
- Click "Import Users"
- Click the link, "import emails with the same values for attributes."
- At the top of the page you'll see a list of your mailing lists. Check the lists that you would like to import the email addresses to.
- Next to "File containing emails", click browse and select the CSV file on your computer
- For "Record Delimiter", enter a comma ,
- If you want all of the email addresses to be sent a confirmation message before they are subscribed, select the "Send Notification email" option. Otherwise, to automatically subscribe each user, click "Make confirmed immediately"
- Click "Import"
- When the import has been successful, you should see a page similar to the below:
Support Center Login
Social Media Login
2011-12-23 8:45 pm
I am trying to import a .csv file with names and other information. I have each column labeled and I dont see why it wouldn't work but the upload keeps giving me the error that it can't find an "email" column. Any information on this would help greatly. As well a tutorial on this type of list and not just an email list.
2011-12-27 12:35 pm
Thanks for posting your comment. I'm more than happy to assist you today. It sounds as if the issues you are having can be resolved by following the link to the tutorial below:
I hope this helps! If you need further assistance please feel free to contact us.