How to Embed Content into WordPress using oEmbed
In this tutorial, we'll cover how the oEmbed embedding feature allows WordPress users to paste a supported URL to display its embedded version. This is easier than inserting a hyperlink or special embed links from platforms such as YouTube and SoundCloud.
Embed Supported Content into WordPress
- Log into your WordPress website directly or from Softaculous.
- Create or edit a post or page.
- Copy and paste the direct URL from the oEmbed-supported platform into the Visual or Text editor.
Using the Text Editor :
- The URL will transform into an oEmbed preview immediately if using the Visual editor.
- You'll be able to view the oEmbed preview while editing and viewing the page or post Preview.
|VideoPress||Vimeo||Vine||WordPress plugin directory|
This list was updated on August 23, 2018. You can view the updated list and info on adding support for other platforms at WordPress.org. If you haven't already, feel free to check our detailed guide on embedding YouTube videos in WordPress.
‹Section 3: How to Change the WordPress Dashboard Language for a User
›Section 5: How to change your WordPress Language and Time Zone