Running a blog can be time-consuming. Between writing, reviewing, and posting, it can feel like a full-time job on top of running your full-time business.
Luckily, you can schedule blog posts in WordPress. This pre-installed WordPress functionality allows you to configure the day and time a post will be published. With this feature, you can schedule all of your posts for the week at once — giving you more time in your week to complete other tasks.
Enjoy fast, secure hosting optimized for your WordPress site with our WordPress Hosting plans.
Scheduling a Blog Post in WordPress
Regain your time and blog more efficiently by scheduling your blog posts. To schedule blog posts:
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Edit a blog post.
- Once in the editor for the blog post, click on Immediately next to Publish under the Document area.
- Immediately will change to the day’s date and a calendar will appear. Use the calendar to schedule the post. You can set the time and day the post will be published.
- Once complete, click Schedule in the upper right-hand corner to save the configured time and day.
- After it’s been scheduled, WordPress will show you the confirmed time and day the post will be published.
- Repeat the steps above for the rest of your blog posts.
That’s it! If you want to change the time, follow the steps above. For more WordPress tips and tricks, check out our WordPress Education Channel!