If you have installed the AddToAny Share Buttons plugin for WordPress, then your visitors are able to share content from your website to Facebook. Facebook takes advantage of Open Graph Markup to obtain the details needed to generate a post that contains a preview of the content (ie: Page, Post, etc.) being shared. Open Graph for Facebook, Google+ and Twitter Card Tags is the perfect plugin to do all the Open Graph Markup Metadata “heavy lifting” for you. Thus, allowing you to easily customize the Page content that appears when shared on Facebook. In this guide, you can learn how to install the Open Graph plugin.
Install Open Graph for Facebook, Google+ and Twitter Card Tags
- Log into your WordPress Administrative Dashboard.
- Hover over the Plugins menu and click on the Add New option.
- When you are on the Add Plugins screen, type open graph for facebook in the search field. This field is in the upper-right and “Search plugins…” appears where you should type.
- The first result should be Open Graph for Facebook, Google+ and Twitter Card Tagss, By Webdados. Click on the Install Now button to initiate the installation.
- Once the plugin installation has completed, click the Activate button.
Congratulations! Now that you have installed and activated this plugin, you can begin to customize the content (like image and description) that Facebook uses to generate the post, when shared.