How to Create a Musician's Website
It's important to have a hub fans can check for new music, upcoming tours, and merchandise. Below we cover important web hosting tasks for getting started with the BoldGrid content management system (CMS) and many resources to study afterwards.
- Use an inspiration that fits your style.
- Set up your Staging site.
- Create your first blog post telling fans how excited you are to have reached this milestone and a page for your bio. You can change the default editor if preferred.
- Customize BoldGrid.
Embed your music from popular platforms. Whether you publish directly to SoundCloud or via distributor / aggregator - e.g. CD Baby and Horus - there's likely an easy way to embed audio from it. This allows three things:
- Listeners can easily demo songs and follow/like instantly
- Viewers stay on your website longer
- You can prioritize a specific platform
- You earn royalties if using ISRC and UPC
Embed smart links using Link Fire or SmartURL to enable listeners to easily choose their preferred music platform for listening to your art or redirect them to specific platforms according to their country / region.
Video and Photos
Embed videos to help keep listeners' attention. Even if your music is distributed to a auto-generated YouTube topic channel, uploading a video to your own YouTube channel and embedding it invites listeners to follow you there.
Install WP Accessibility to add alternative text for disabled users.
Enable the BoldGrid Backup plugin and download your backups regularly.
Fight incoming spam and having emails marked spam with our email authentication guide.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Configure Easy SEO for better visibility in search engine results related to your brand and genre. Advanced users may prefer All in One SEO or Yoast SEO instead. You can check such SEO results with SEO Centro and other online tools.
Some advanced SEO tips for an improved online presence:
- Add accurate names and descriptions in file names and alt text (with WP Accessibility).
- Check out Bandzoogle's in-depth guide for in-depth advice. on schemas like MusicGroup.
- Consider adding your discography to the MusicBrainz and/or Discogs databases.
Add social media accounts using the BoldGrid Customizer.
Create a Mailchimp mailing list to easily update fans.
Tell us what tasks from above you'd like to see us cover in-depth below.
‹Section 12: How to Create a Wedding Website with the Website Creator
›Section 14: How to Create a Restaurant Website
You are NOT logged in. You can still browse our Support Center.
To participate within our Community Support Forum: