How to Install and Update WooCommerce
WordPress users don't need to learn a new content management system (CMS) to integrate an online store. There are many e-commerce plugins available for WordPress. We recommend WooCommerce for it's many features. We recommend you research things to consider before making the decision to use WooCommerce or another e-commerce tool. Below we'll cover how to install and update WooCommerce.
Note: You'll need to install WordPress before you can continue.
Get Started With WooCommerce
- Log into WordPress.
- Install the "WooCommerce" plugin.
- Select Activate. You'll be redirected to the setup wizard.
- Add your physical address, accepted currency, and how you'll sell products. Then click Let's go! Alternatively, you can click Not right now and complete the setup later manually.
- Add payment options and click Continue.
- Add flat rate shipping costs. If you select Print shipping labels at home, you'll install
WooCommerce Services and
Jetpack. Click Continue.
- Select any recommended WooCommerce addons to install -
WooCommerce Storefront theme and
Mailchimp plugin - and Continue. Or Skip this step.
- Continue with Jetpack to install Jetpack now or Skip this Step.
- Create a product or import products from a CSV file.
- Click the update icon at the top-left, Updates under Dashboard, or Plugins to see available updates.
- Check the box beside WooCommerce and click Update Plugins. You'll be notified when the update completes.
Learn more in our WooCommerce education channel.
You are NOT logged in. You can still browse our Support Center.
To participate within our Community Support Forum: