306: How to change your group's display color in phpbb
When working with different user groups in phpBB, you can assign a group color so that the members of that group appear with a specific color when logged into the site. Below is a quick tutorial that explains how to change a groups color in phpbb.
Changing the group color in phpBB
- Log into your phpBB admin interface (ACP).
- Once in the ACP, look to the tabs across the top of the page and click on the one labeled Users And Groups.
- From there, look to the menu in the left hand sidebar. Click on the Manage Groups option under the Groups category.
- This brings you to the Manage groups page. From here, you will see all the different groups you have for your site. The custom groups are listed at the top and the default group is listed at the bottom. Locate the group you want to work with and click on the Settings link for that particular row.
- Now you are on the Group Settings page for your selected group. Locate the Group Wide Settings section and click the Web Safe Color Swatch link at the Group Color setting.
- A color swatch popup will appear. Choose the color you want to use for your group by clicking on that particular color block then close the popup window.
- The color code for the selected color will appear in the Group Color setting. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Submit button to save the new color. Now, whenever a user of that group signs in their name will appear in that color as long as they have that group set as the default group. Below is a sample of how a user named Testy will appear after changing the color of his default group.