In this tutorial:
Understanding the Dashboard Types
After successfully installing your phpBB 3.0 program either manually or with Softaculous, you are ready to log into the dashboards for the first time. As an administrator of a phpBB 3.0 site, you will have more than one area, or dashboard, to log into, depending on the task you are administering.
|Administrative Control Panel (ACP)||Where you will perform the high level development and customization, including moderator management.|
|Moderator Control Panel (MCP)||This control panel is basically used for performing forum and user moderation and management|
Logging into the different dashboards
Logging into your phpBB Admin Control Panel (ACP)
- Visit your phpBB URL. You will be met with the main screen. From there enter your username and password in the respective Login and Password fields and then click on the Login button.
- The next page appears to be the same, but you should see your login username in the upper right of the screen. An Administration Control Panel link has been added at the bottom of the screen under the copyright footer. Click that link to continue.
- You are now met with another login screen. This is another layer of security. These credentials are the same as you just used to log in. Enter your admin Username and Password and click on the Login button. This leads you to the main page of your Administration Control Panel (ACP). From here you can begin to create and administer your boards!
How to log into your Moderator Control Panel (MCP)
- As above, visit your phpBB URL where you will be met with the first page of your site. Enter your username and password in the Login and Password fields and then click on the Login button.
- The next page appears to be the same, but you will see your login username in the upper right of the screen. This confirms you are logged into the site. You will see a link entitled Moderation Control Panel just under the left hand side of the header. Click that link to enter the MCP (Moderator Control Panel). This leads you to the main page of the MCP where you can manage your users and posts.
Now that you have logged in, whether it is the MCP, ACP, or as a regular user, you are now ready to post topics and replies, or administer the forums on the site.