314: Using a Google Site Map in OpenCart
OpenCart makes it easy for you to add a Google Site Map to your OpenCart store. You will already need to have a Google Webmaster Tools account set up. If you are unfamiliar with Webmaster Tools, please see our article. To retrieve the URL to your Google site map, you must first log into the OpenCart Dashboard.
- Log into your OpenCart Dashboard
- Go to Extensions > Product Feeds
- Click on “Install” next to the “Google Site Map” product feed name
- Click “Edit” and then change the status to “Enabled”
- Copy the “Data Feed URL” and click “Save”
- Now log into your Google Webmaster Tools account
- Choose the site you have set up for your shopping cart in Webmaster Tools
- Click on “Site Configuration” in the left menu pane and then select “Sitemaps”
- Select the “Submit a Sitemap” button
- Paste the Google Site Map URL in the box. Be sure to remove the first part of the URL or it will not work. And Click “Submit Sitemap”
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
2014-03-18 9:05 am
Wow thanks alot! I was struggeling finding the rigt way to get my sitemap indexed by Google. I tried alot of free extensions but they dident do the job. But now finally my site gets indexed for steigerhout kopen.
2015-01-09 2:12 pm
Thank you for your question about sitemap priority. We are happy to assist you, but I am not exactly sure what you are asking.
Since the sitemap is just a "map" of your existing site, you would have to change the structure of the site to adjust how the sitemap is structured.
If you have any further questions, feel free to post them below.
2015-03-08 2:06 pm
Thanks for your posting. Its very helpfull. Sangat membantu sekali.
2015-03-24 11:29 am
Thanks for the post, but for some reason it is not working for me. I did what you wrote but google says it is not readable. What could be the problem? Thanks!
2015-03-24 3:57 pm
Do you see any crawl errors that we can go off of? I found a self-diagnose article from googles threads. Please look through it and see if it helps.