Importing Blogger data into WordPress
Customers that initially built their blog sites with Google Blogger (Blogspot) can have the blog information imported into their WordPress software by using the "Import" feature in the WordPress dashboard. WordPress has a built in "Import" feature that allows you to import different blogs like Blogspot, Tumblr, LiveJournal, and even WordPress. The import process is the same for each. This article will walk you through the steps in importing your Blogspot into your WordPRess on our server.
Importing a Blogger site into WordPress
- Log into the WordPress Dashboard.
- Navigate to Tools > Import.
- On the list of sites to import, select Blogger from the list.
- Under the Blogger title in the install list, click Install now.
- You will see a confirmation screen showing that the Blogger Import has installed okay. Click on Run Importer.
- Next, you will see a screen titled Import Blogger. Click on Choose file to select your exported Blogger file. To see more details on how export your Blogger file, please see the instructions below.
- After choosing the XML file, click on Upload file and import. This will process the XML file that you have selected.
- When the import completes, then will need to assign an author to the posts. You will see instructions to import an author for the posts coming from your Blogger site or you can choose an existing user within your WordPress installation. Click on Submit to assign the user.
- When you have completed assigning your user you will see a screen saying "All done." Your Blogger posts will be imported into the Posts section of your WordPress site. Make sure to check your posts as the image content may not be imported by the tool.
Google's Blogger software allows you export your blog into an XML file. In order to do this you will need to log into the blog and then do the following:
Congratulations! You have successfully imported your Google Blogspot blog into your Wordpress on your server.