Add IP to your Remote MySQLIn order for you to be able to connect to your databases remotely you will need to add your local computer IP address to the Remote MySQL in cPanel. You can get your IP address by going to the following link: What’s My IP address?
Steps to connect to your database remotely
- Open MySQL Workbench.
- Click New Connection towards the bottom left of MySQL Workbench.
- In the “Set up a New Connection Dialogue” box, Type your Database connection credentials. The credentials will be like the following:
Connection Name: You can name this whatever you like. Connection Method: Standard (TCP/IP). Hostname: You can use your domain our your cPanel IP address. Port: 3306 Username: Your cPanel username or the user you created for the database. Password: cPanel password or the password for the database user that was created. Default Schema: This can be left blank.Click Test Connection.
- Type your password and click the “Save Password in Vault” check box. Click Ok.
- MySQL Workbench should say “Connection parameters are correct“. Click Ok.
- Click Ok again to accept the connection settings.
- Now under the SQL Development section you will see your connection listed in the Open Connection to Start Querying box. Click your newly created account. Now you will see the databases list in the area on the left.