General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance made user privacy an important step in web design in 2018. The popular WordPress content management system (CMS) built in a GDPR section to assist its users with compliance while other CMS’s offered plugins to do the same.
Open Web Analytics doesn’t have a GDPR module but added features the same year to assist users with compliance. Here we’ll cover how to improve GDPR compliance in Open Web Analytics.
Improve GDPR Compliance
- Log into Open Web Analytics.
- Select Administration at the top.
- Turn on Anonymize IP Addresses to remove the last octet – e.g. 128.0.0.*** – during storage.
- Turn off Geo-location to ignore visitor location using Geo-IP.
- Turn off Feed Link Tracking to block tracking RSS or Atom feeds.
- Disable or remove unneeded modules – Domstream, Maxmind GeoIP, and Remote Queue.