While Deleting or Creating a new world on your Minecraft Server Hosting plan can sound quite daunting, it is sometimes a necessary act, whether it is to start a new world or if you just acquired a server and want to generate a specific world type or seed instead of the one automatically generated with your server’s provision. In this guide, we’ll show you how you can remove the existing world on your server and generate a new one in the Game Management Panel.
Create a New Minecraft World
- Login to the Game Management Panel.
- Select the instance you are working with then click the Manage button.
- Click “Stop” and wait for the server to full stop before proceeding.
- Once the server is stopped, navigate to the bottom left side of the panel and click the “File Manager” icon.
- Locate the folder named “World” and click the 3 vertical dots to the right of it and click “Trash“.
Warning! Selecting Trash will permanently remove the world. Please ensure you take adequate backups or, alternatively, rename the world if you wish to keep it for future use. How to create a backup of your Minecraft instance.Note: Depending on your server type you may have to remove more directories, in the case of servers running on Paper or Spigot your world will be separated into 3 folders “world” “world_nether” and “world_the_end“.Note: If you have modified your world name in the server properties, the directory names will be different. Example: If the world name is set to “example” within your server properties, the name of your world folder will be “example” and in the case that you are running a server jar such as Paper or Spigot the other folders would be called “example_the_end” and “example_nether“.
- Navigate back to the status page by clicking on the “Status” option on the left side of the panel and click “Start“. This process can take a few minutes as an entirely new world is being generated.
Congratulations, now you know how to delete your existing Minecraft world and create a new Minecraft world in your Game Management Panel. Don’t forget to bookmark our Minecraft Server Hosting Product Guide for more helpful tutorials on how to build and manage your game server.