Sometimes when you export contacts from an address book they will be in .vcf or vCard format. In this guide I’ll show you how you can convert these .vcf contacts to a .csv file instead.
This method works if you’re trying to export contacts in RoundCube, since it can only export to the vCard format. The .csv or comma separated values format is more widely used, so it can be imported into more applications.
Convert .vcf to .csv with Windows Explorer
- Open up Windows Explorer, you can hit (Windows key + E) to do this
Navigate to your user directory followed by /contacts
- Click on Import from the top menu
- Select vCard (VCF file) from the import list, click Import
- Browse to the location of the RoundCube address book your exported, then click Open
The contact file should open, just click OK on each contact in the address book to import it
Once you’re done importing all the contacts, click on Close
- Click on one of your imported contacts and then hit Ctrl-A to select them all
- Now click on Export from the top menu
- Select CSV (Comma Separated Values), then click Export
- Click Browse…, name your file, then click Save followed by Next >
- Now select the fields you’d like to export and click Finish
You should now hopefully have all of your email contacts that were in vCard .vcf format converted over to .csv.