There may be a time that you have another user working on your website that is not familiar with your native language. Rather than updating the WordPress configuration to change the language of the Dashboard and front end for all users, you can create an individual user and change their default language to their native language. In this guide, you can learn how to change the settings for a WordPress user to customize their Dashboard language.
Change a User’s Language
- Log in to WordPress as the Administrator.
- Click on Users from the Administrative Dashboard menu, located on the left.
- Click on the Username of the user you would like to change the language for.
- Select an available language from the Language drop-down menu.
NOTE: If the language you want to assign to the user is not available in the drop-down, you must Download and Install the Language for WordPress first, then you will be able to assign that language to the user of your choice.
- Click the Update User button to save your changes.
Congratulations! Now you know how to change the language for a user while keeping your website language unchanged.
Thoughts on “How to Change the WordPress Dashboard Language for a User”