WooCommerce developers recently released a new payment plugin that will allow your customers to use their Amazon account to checkout on your store. The integration increases positive user experience by removing the need to enter card and shipping information — successfully streamlining the checkout process. This article will outline the additional benefits of the Amazon Pay plugin and how to install it to your WooCommerce store.
Enjoy secure, optimized hosting for your WordPress website with our WordPress Hosting!
Benefits of Amazon Pay
Amazon Pay speeds up the checkout process for your customers who have an Amazon account. This main functionality, which mimicks the Amazon checkout process, allows them to complete their purchase quickly — both by the familiarity of the process and because their information is automatically populated per their Amazon account. When using Amazon Pay, your customers will log in to their Amazon account and then be presented with the payment and shipping options already saved within their Amazon account. Additional benefits of Amazon Pay include:
- Housing the full transaction process on your website. They are not redirected to Amazon
- Mobile responsiveness for smartphones and tablets
- Support for reoccurring payments with the WooCommerce Subscription plugin
- Decline handling which reduces the number of unsuccessful transactions
- Quick integration through the WooCommerce dashboard. If you do not have an Amazon Merchant account, you can register for one within the WooCommerce dashboard
How to Install Amazon Pay
You’ll find that installing and setting up the Amazon Pay plugin is an easy process. Follow the instructions below to begin accepting payment through Amazon Pay!
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard
- Search for, install, and activate Amazon Pay
- Navigate to WooCommerce>Settings>Payments
- Once in the Payments panel, click Amazon Pay & Login with Amazon
- On the Amazon Pay & Login with Amazon panel, click CONFIGURE/REGISTER NOW to link your Amazon Pay plugin with your Amazon Merchant account
- Follow the prompts to complete the integration
- Once complete, click Save changes
With Amazon Pay added as a payment option to your WooCommerce site, your customers will not be able to purchase your products or services even easier than before! For more WooCommerce tips and tricks, check out our WooCommerce Education Channel.