Web Host Manager Complete Solution, or WHMCS, is built to make reselling hosting easy for anyone. WHMCS is a complete solution because it manages orders/sales, renewals/billing, domain registration, cPanel account creation, client information, and even a Support Help Desk.
You can install WHMCS using the Softaculous software installer. After you install WHMCS, log into the administrative back-end. The first time you log into the WHMCS administrative back-end, a Getting Started Wizard will display to guide you through setting up your store with the following:
- Business Details and Information
- Payment Gateway
- Domain Registrar
- Web Hosting Server
With these functions set up, you will be ready to begin adding products and customizing your user’s experience in no time. In this guide, you can learn how to use the Getting Started Wizard in WHMCS.
Getting Started Wizard
- Log into WHMCS.
NOTE: When you log into WHMCS (for the first time) the Getting Started Wizard should display automatically. If it does not, you can always access this feature in the Help menu. Simply hover over the Help tab and click on Setup Wizard.
- Click Next to begin the Setup Wizard.
- Fill in each field with the details pertaining to your business. When you have completed the form, click the Next button.
- Select your desired Payment Gateway options and deselect any options you do not wish to enable. Then, click the Next button.
NOTICE: WHMCS will offer to enable a few payment options. These options will enable the ability to accept payments. You may enable/disable these later. You may also setup alternative Payment Gateways later. If you do not wish to set up the Payment Gateway options here, simply click on the Skip Step button.
- Select the Domain TLD extensions you would like to offer to your customers and deselect the enable button for eNom. Click the Next button to proceed.
- Enter the details in this form to setup your cPanel server with WHMCS. Then click the Next button.
NOTICE: You can use the Verify Connection button to ensure that your credentials are correctly entered.
- Finally, click the Finish button.
Congratulations! Now that you have run the Getting Started Wizard for WHMCS, you are ready to begin adding products and services to your store.