WHM - Your Server's Web Host ManagerWritten by Brad Markle
Web Host Manager (WHM) is your server's online management interface. Accounts with WHM can create their own cPanel accounts for themselves and other users. WHM is only available on VPS and Dedicated accounts. No shared accounts (including both Personal and Business Hosting) have WHM access.
If you are looking for a VPS or dedicated server, click here to read about our inexpensive web hosting.
Common WHM Tasks
Within WHM you are able to create cPanel accounts. For example, if you are a web designer, you may want to create a cPanel account for each of your clients. This will allow them to do various things without the need to contact you, such as creating and deleting email accounts.
- Creating a new cPanel Account : Watch Video
- List Accounts : Read Documentation
If you click "List Accounts" within WHM, it will give you a table style view of all of your cPanel accounts, and allow you to easily manage each one.
- Changing an Account's Password : Watch Video
- Editing an Account : Watch Video
- Managing Account Bandwidth : Watch Video
- Managing Account Disk Space : Watch Video
- Managing your Hosting Plans : Watch Video
Having WHM access means that you can do much more than work with cPanel accounts. WHM allows you to literally manage your web host.
- Monitoring your Server : Watch Video
- Restarting Services : Read Documentation
The official documentation of WHM can be found on cPanel's website via the following link:
WHM Documentation - WHM Home Screen
InMotion Hosting has flash based WHM video tutorials available as well. You can access these via the Flash Tutorials link at http://support.inmotionhosting.com, or you can simply click the link below: