In this article:
This article describes how to add a Mail account using the macOS: Catalina. Adding a Mail account will allow you to check your email from your macOS device.
Did you know? Other hosting companies charge extra for email services using your domain name. At InMotion Hosting, all of our Business Class Web Hosting and WordPress Hosting plans include email at no additional cost!
How to Add a Mail Account
IMPORTANT: macOS Catalina is currently still in beta. It is scheduled for release in October (2019).
The automated script will add a profile to your macOS. This profile can configure the Mail, Calendar, and CardDAV apps. Follow the instructions in this section to learn how to use the automatic script to set up your macOS device to send/receive email messages.
- Log in to the cPanel account that owns the email account you would like to add.
- Click on the Email Accounts icon under the EMAIL section.
- Click on CONNECT DEVICES, next to the email account you would like to add.
- Click the IMAP over SSL/TLS link next to iOS for iPhone/iPad/iPod and MacOS® Mail.app® for Mountain Lion (10.8+).
- Click the Proceed button in the popup.
NOTE: If prompted, click Allow to allow downloads for the domain listed.
- Click Continue.
- Enter the password for the email account to set up the Mail app.
- Click Next.
- Optional: Enter the password for the email account to set up the Calendar app.
- Click Next.
- Optional: Enter the password for the email account to set up the Contacts app.
- Click Install.
IMPORTANT: Once you have completed the installation of the profile, we recommend removing the downloaded file.
Follow the instructions below to learn how to use System Preferences to configure your macOS to manage emails.
- Click on the menu bar Apple icon.
- Click on System Preferences….
- Click on Internet Accounts.
- Click on Add Other Account….
- Click on Mail account.
- In the Email Address field, enter the email account you would like to add.
- In the Password field, enter the password for that email account.
- Click the Sign In button.
- In the User Name field, enter the email account you would like to add.
- In the Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server, enter the server information found in cPanel.
- Click Sign In.
- Click Done.
Now you can open the Mail app on your macOS device and you will be able to send and receive emails. If you want to use your iOS device(s) to check your email, you can use our guide: How to Add a Mail Account Using iOS 11 to set them up. Catalina also lets you manage saved passwords.