You can set the Category or Tags URL base in the Permalinks menu under the Optional section. This means that you determine how the URL will look like for your categories or tags. By default, the tag base will use the words “category” and “tags” when the URL is created for your post category or tag.
When looking at a Category, the URL will default to something like this:
Or, if you’re looking at the URL for a default tag:
Changing how the Category or Tag URL will look
- Login to the WordPress Dashboard
- Click on Settings, then click on Permalinks
- Here you will see the Permalinks settings at the top the page. Scroll down until you see the Optional section.
- Click on the Category Base field and type in the custom label you want to use for the Category URL. Bear in mind that the URL is case-sensitive. Keep it lower case to make it simple.
- Click on Save Changes to save the changes that you make.