(This article assumes you have a live WordPress website. Not quite there yet? That’s okay! We can get you up and running with WordPress Hosting.)
Image Slideshows, also known as sliders are a popular way to display pictures on your site and catch the eye of visitors. The popular MetaSlider plugin for WordPress makes it easy to create a slideshow. In this tutorial, we will show you how to create a slideshow for your WordPress site using the Metaslider plugin.
How to Install Metaslider
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard.
- Click Plugins then Add New.
- Type ‘metaslider’ in the search field.
- You will see the Metaslider plugin by Team Updraft listed, click the Install Now button.
- Once the plugin has been installed click the Activate button to enable it.
How to Create a Slideshow
Now, that you have the Metaslider plugin installed, we will show you how to use it to create a Slideshow to your WordPress site.
- In your WordPress Dashboard click the Metaslider link.
- You can then drag and drop an image into the area below Get Started. This will automatically create a new slide show.
- You can then fill in additional information about the image such as a Caption or a URL link.
- Click the SEO tab to enter an “Image Title Text” or “Image Alt Text“.
- Click the Crop tab if you want to choose a crop position.
- Click the Add Slide button to add more pictures.
- Click the Preview button to see what it will look like.
- When you are finished click the Save button.
Congratulations, now you know how to create a slideshow for your WordPress site with the Metaslider plugin.
If you would like an alternative to Metaslider, check out A Beginner’s Guide to the PhotoPress WordPress Plugin.