Installatron is a popular application installer that provides a graphical user interface for users to install and manage various applications with a few simple mouse-clicks. This tool integrates with cPanel, Plesk, Webmin and other server control panel platforms and can be used to install popular applications such as WordPress and Joomla! While Installatron offers both free and paid versions, most basic tasks can be achieved using the free version. In this article, we will outline how to install and set up Installatron for cPanel. Please note, to perform the tasks in this article you will need root SSH access to your server, which is only available on VPS and Dedicated Hosting plans.
Set up Installatron on your Dedicated Hosting plan and start installing your favorite applications today!
- First, you will need to download the Installatron installation script via the following command:
- Next, you will need to update the permissions of the installation script in order for it to run, via the following command:
chmod +x installatron-plugin.sh
- Then, run the installation script:
- Once the installation process has completed, you will receive the following output:
Finished Installing Installatron Plugin!
Installatron Plugin is now accessible as a plug-in/module inside cPanel.
- To access the Installatron administrator interface, first log in to your WHM.
- Once logged in to WHM, you can scroll down on the menu on the left-hand side of the page to the Plugins section to find the option Installatron Applications Installer. This button allows you to access the Installatron interface directly from WHM.
*You can also access Installatron via cPanel by clicking on the Installatron Applications Installer icon in your cPanel
- Once in the Installatron interface, you will want to click on Applications Browser to access the list of available applications.
- On the Applications Browser page, you will see a list of applications, separated by categories. Click on the icon of the software you want to install to go to the application page.
- On the application page, click the button in the top right corner that says install this application to install the software. Once the software has finished installing, you can manage the installation via the My Applications tab on the Installatron homepage.
Importing Existing Installations
- Installatron also allows you to import existing installations into Installatron, allowing them to be managed via the Installatron interface in cPanel. This can be done via root SSH using the following command:
- You can also import existing installations into Installatron by going to the Applications Browser in the Installatron cPanel interface.
- Once in the Applications Browser, select the application that matches your existing installation.
- On the following page, you can click the button on the top right next to install this application to access a drop-down menu that has the option import an installation. Click that option to start the import process.
- Once the import process has completed, you can start managing the application in the My Applications tab.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed Installatron for cPanel!