How to reset your Joomla Password
If you're forgotten your Joomla password, you can reset it by using phpMyAdmin.
- Log into cPanel and access phpMyAdmin
Note: If you don't have Joomla! hosting services through InMotion Hosting or your current host does not use cPanel, please contact your current hosting provider for additional information on how to manage your databases.
- Click your joomla database name in the left menu
- Click on the jos_users table in the left menu. If your tables have a prefix other than "jos", find and click on the table that is similar to "_users"
- Find the admin account you need to reset the password for and click the pencil icon to the left of it to edit it.
- Set the "password" field to "MD5"
- Under "Value" type in your new password.
- Click "Go"
- Congratulations, you have successfully reset the password for your Joomla user! If you referr to the screenshot above, in our testing we can now login as the "admin" user using "newpassword" as the password.
Joomla Community Google+ Hangout #3
June 3rd, 2014
Thank you @RustyJoomla for letting me speak on the Joomla Community Google+ Hangout!
Support Center LoginOur Login page has moved. Please click the button below to be redirected to the login page.
2018-12-08 6:02 am
it seems that new version of joomla is not coded in md5 anymore
2018-12-10 3:30 pm
Which version of Joomla! are you currently using/seeing this in?
2018-03-01 3:28 pm
Thanks for providing these instructions. It is a breeze!
2018-03-01 3:31 pm
You're welcome! We're glad it helped.