Submitting a Sitemap to Google using Webmaster Tools
Sitemaps can help Google and other search engines understand your website better. The first step is to create a XML sitemap. Read our article for more information on creating a XML sitemap. Remember, once the sitemap is generated youâ€™ll need to save it to your local computer, then upload the file to the root folder of your website. Please review our article on using File Manager in cPanel for instructions on how to upload a file.
Uploading the XML sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools
- Log into Webmaster Tools.
- Once logged into the dashboard, select the website you wish to upload the XML file for.
- On the left side menu pane, select "Site configuration" and then click on "Sitemaps".
- Click on the "Submit a Sitemap" button.
- Finish typing in the file path to your sitemap you uploaded. Then click "Submit Sitemap". Once the sitemap is submitted you'll see it listed on the screen.
That's it! Don't be alarmed if your sitemap doesn't change to a green check mark right away. It may take a few hours to do so.If you need further assistance please feel free to contact our support department.
Support Center LoginOur Login page has moved, Click the button below to be taken to the login page.
Social Media Login
2015-12-08 3:27 am
Hi Tim Sisson can you let me know which sitemap XML & HTML?
2015-12-08 6:56 am
It should be an XML sitemap that you should be submitting to Google.