When promoting your company or organization in the past, you would add it to the “Yellow Pages” or a similar listing. Nowadays, the first place you want to show up is in Google Maps and Google search results. Since this is the most used search engine, it is how potential customers will connect with you.
With Google My Business, you can add your business to Google maps and search results, create custom posts advertising your business, view information about your traffic, and reply to public reviews. In this guide, we will show you how to set up Google My Business so you can begin driving traffic to your storefront or WordPress small business website.
Set up Google My Business
- Go to the Google My Business homepage.
- Click the Manage now button.
- Log into the Google account you want to manage your business with.
- Enter the name of your business then click the Next button.
- It will ask if you want to enter a location, choose Yes or No. If you do not add a location, your business will not show up on Google Maps.
- After entering your address it will ask if you serve customer outside of that location. Select Yes or No then click the Next button.
- Choose a category for your business, then click the Next button.
- Enter your phone number and website URL then click the Next button.
- You will then be prompted to verify your business. Click the Finish button to proceed. Your Google My Business account is now created, but some features may be limited until you finish the verification process.
- You have several options for verifying your business listing on Google. They will differ based on your specific business but are usually done over the phone, email, or from Search Console.
Congratulations, now you know how to set up your company with Google My Business! Now you can start driving traffic to your business or online store.