Publishing your FrontPage website via HTTP
Click here to watch a video tutorial
FrontPage is a Microsoft product that is used to build websites. After you have built your website with FrontPage, you will need to publish your site to your account with InMotion Hosting. If you already have installed FrontPage extensions via cPanel, you'll need to publish your website via HTTP.
Do not attmept to upload your website using FTP if you have FrontPage extensions installed. Uploading the website with FTP while FrontPage Extensions are enabled will likely corrupt the extensions. They will need to be un-installed and re-installed.
- Open your FrontPage software
- Go to File -> Open Web
- Locate the web files on your local Computer
- Go to File -> Publish Web
- Enter in the publish destination. This can be http://example.com (replacing example.com with your actual domain). OR you can use the IP address of the server like http://188.8.131.52 (replacing 184.108.40.206 with the IP address of the server)
- Click "OK"
- Enter your cPanel username for "Username" and your cPanel password for "Password"
- Check "Save this password in your password list"
- Click "Ok"
- In the right window pane of FrontPage, make sure you are in the "public_html" folder
- click "Options" in the bottom left
- On the "Publish" tab, select "All pages, overwriting pages already on destination"
- Click "OK"
- Click "Publish" to publish all the files to your InMotion account
- Click "Done" when your website is finished publishing
If you need further assistance please feel free to ask a question on our support center.