When you’re in the beginning phases of starting your eCommerce business, deciding on the appropriate platform is one of the first steps to take. A common mistake business owners make is not spending enough time researching the best eCommerce WordPress plugin options, which could cost them time and money, among other things. In this article, you’ll gain a better understanding of what factors to consider when choosing an eCommerce plugin and what the top options are.
In this article:
- Factors To Consider With eCommerce WordPress Plugins
- Top eCommerce Plugins For Your Small Business Website
Need a great place for your WordPress-based eCommerce site to grow? Check out InMotion’s WordPress Hosting solutions for secure, optimized solutions that meet your budget needs!
Factors To Consider With eCommerce WordPress Plugins
It doesn’t take a lot of effort to find eCommerce WordPress plugins. There are dozens of them available, but you need to research a little to find the right one. Some of the factors to consider, depending on your business needs, include:
- Whether the plugin supports the products or services you sell
- Drop-shipping solutions
- Customization and design options
- Payment solutions
- Integration tools
- Selection of available add-ons or plugins
- Ease of use
- Support options
Once you have solid business goals and know what you want your eCommerce WordPress website to accomplish, you can prioritize these factors accordingly.
Top eCommerce Plugins For Your Small Business Website
Out of the dozens of eCommerce WordPress plugins available, it can be a daunting task to sort through them all. We have ranked some of the top plugins available to save you a little time:
- WooCommerce – This is by far the most popular eCommerce plugin since it offers solutions for selling both physical and digital goods. It is a general plugin that provides multiple extensions to allow for flexibility and customization.
- BigCommerce – This plugin offers the highest level of scalability and the ability to sell your product across multiple platforms. It’s perfect for small and midsize businesses that plan on growing in the future.
- MemberPress – If you sell subscription-based services and products, then this plugin is a top choice to consider. It also can be integrated with WooCommerce to boost the functionality of your online store overall.
- Easy Digital Downloads – Selling digital products is a breeze with this eCommerce plugin. Simplicity is the main selling point of this plugin, as it does not have a lot of bells and whistles, but includes all of the basics needed to sell your digital products.
- Shopify – This is actually an alternative to a traditional eCommerce plugin. Shopify itself is a cloud-hosted platform that allows you to sell both physical and digital products on your website. It’s great for beginners since it handles most of the technical aspects for you.
With the right eCommerce WordPress plugin, you’ll be ready to take your small business website to levels you never previously imagined! It’s important to gather as much information as you can about different plugins, but the bottom line is you have to select the one that fits your business needs now and in the future. We are here to help you with any challenges you encounter along the way, so always feel free to contact InMotion Hosting.