Have you ever wished you could test new plugins, make design changes or create other tweaks to your WordPress small business website without any consequences? The good news is you can easily make a duplicate of a WordPress page without fear. This article discusses the importance of testing your website when making any changes, how to create a duplicate WordPress page and why you can do so without any consequences.
In this article:
- The Importance of Testing Your Website
- How To Create A Duplicate WordPress Page
- Develop And Test Your Small Business Website Without Fear
The Importance of Testing Your Website
Ease of use is one reason why WordPress for small business owners is so attractive. No matter how large or small your business is, you’ll want to make some changes to it at some point, so testing these changes before they go live is critical. The last thing you want is a fatal flaw to occur that crashes your website for any amount of time. With WordPress testing, you can make any tweaks you need to in a duplicate page to ensure the changes you make will not impact your live website negatively.
How To Create A Duplicate WordPress Page
Creating a duplicate website for WordPress testing is simple. Here are three steps to follow:
- Create A Backup of Your Website – You never know when the unexpected will happen, so it’s always safe to create a backup of your website. At the very least, if your website crashes at any time, you’ll have a workable version to revert to.
- Install The WP Staging Plugin – Simply download and install the WP Staging plugin and follow the prompts to activate it. You should then see a tab in WordPress with the plugin. Click the tab and select Create New Staging Site. Follow the prompts to give your staging website a unique name and then select Start Cloning.
- Login and Make Changes – The only difference in the appearance of your duplicate website and the live website will be an orange bar at the top that says STAGING. When you’re on that page, you can make any changes without them being reflected on the live website.
Develop And Test Your Small Business Website Without Fear
Any time you need to develop your small business website in any capacity, testing it before rolling it to your live website is critical. By using a WordPress backup plugin and the WP Staging plugin, you can make any tweaks and changes without the fear of impacting your customers negatively. Once you have made all of the changes and tested them for functionality, you’re a click of a button away from pushing the staging website to the live version.
After developing and testing your website with a duplicate page, you’ll be ready to roll out your changes and impress your customers! Never underestimate the importance of thorough testing of your website and you’ll give your visitors a pleasant experience every time they check out your site. And as always, InMotion Hosting is available to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have along the way.
Get better speed and security with our WordPress Hosting plans.