In this tutorial, we will walk you through creating cPanel accounts within WHM. This allows you to manage, and host separate cPanel accounts independent from one another.
Creating cPanel Accounts
- Log in to WHM.
- Click on Account Functions and then Create a New Account.
- Fill in the fields on the Domain information page. Below is a description of the options:
Domain The primary domain name for the cPanel account. Username Username for logging into the cPanel. Password Password for logging into the cPanel. Email address to receive cPanel account notifications.
- Select desired package from the dropdown.
- Select your default theme and locale.
cPanel theme Layout and design of the cPanel dashboard. Locale Default language for the cPanel.
- Set your DNS Settings.For more information, see our article on SPF and DKIM settings.
- Set the Mail Routing Settings.
Automatically Detect Configuration cPanel looks to the MX records to determine whether to send mail locally or remotely. Local Mail Exchanger Use when mail is expected to always come to the local server. Backup Mail Exchanger cPanel will use the local server if remote mail attempts fail. Remote Mail Exchanger Use when mail is expected to be sent elsewhere (third party email).
- Click on the Create button.
Congratulations, now you know how to create a cPanel account for your Dedicated server in WHM!