If you are unsure what your email settings are, you can find them with our Email Configuration tool.
You can set up Outlook 2010 to receive and send email hosted at InMotion Hosting. If you’re need setup information for a different version of Outlook, click here.
- First, open Outlook 2010 on your computer. Our first step is to add a new email account.
- Click File, and then Add Account.
- On the New Account screen, click the “Manually configure server settings” radio button and click Next
- Select “Internet E-Mail” on the next screen and click Next.
- Use the information below to help fill in the settings for your new email account.
User Information Your Name Insert your full name here. This name will appear on all your sent email. Email Address Put in your full email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org Server Information Account Type Select POP3 if you want the emails to be downloaded to Outlook. Select IMAP if you want the emails to remain on your hosting server. Incoming Mail Server If your domain is pointed to InMotion the incoming mail server is mail.example.com. Outgoing Mail Server This will be the same as your Incoming Mail Server, mail.example.com. Login Information User Name This will be your full email address. For example, email@example.com Password This is the password for the email account you listed above, and not the password for your cPanel. Outgoing Server Tab Next click on the More Settings… button and make the following modifications:
Outgoing Server Tab: On the outgoing Server Tab, make sure that “My outgoing server requires authentication” is checked, as well as “Use same settings as my incoming mail server“
Advanced Tab By default you do not need to change anything here, however if you are having trouble sending email then you can change the port settings here.
- Click OK to get back to the Account Settings screen, and then click on Next.Congratulations, you have added your email account to Outlook 2010!
If you are getting any errors when setting up Outlook 2010, please see the faq on this page.