Meta Descriptions are your chance to entice searchers to click on your content, and writing good meta descriptions can help boost your site’s SEO.
With the help of WordPress plugins such as The SEO Framework, you can add and edit meta descriptions quickly and easily.
This article will teach you how to add meta descriptions using The SEO Framework plugin.
- How to Add Meta Descriptions Using The SEO Framework Plugin
How to Add Meta Descriptions Using The SEO Framework Plugin
- To get started, login to your WordPress Dashboard, then install and activate The SEO Framework plugin.
- Once you have installed and activated the plugin, select the existing post or page that you would like to optimize.
- From within a post or page, scroll down to the bottom until you see the Post SEO Settings section, then find the Meta Description box under the General tab.
- Enter your desired meta description, then click Save draft in the upper right-hand corner of your page or post.
*Of note, The SEO Framework can also be used on new posts or pages, but it is recommended that you create your content before attempting to optimize a page for SEO.
The SEO Framework Meta Description Feedback
As you fill out your meta description, The SEO Framework plugin will provide feedback on the length of your description.
There is not a “perfect” meta description length, but Google does tend to truncate them around 155-160 characters, so it is recommended to keep them to 160 characters or less.
The SEO Framework uses three colors to gauge meta description length.
Below are the three colors and what they stand for:
- Red: Far too short
- Yellow: Too short
- Green: Good
Congratulations, you now know how to add and edit meta descriptions using The SEO Framework plugin.
Want more tips for The SEO Framework? Check out How to Add Title Tags in The SEO Framework.