Once you’ve installed WordPress, one of the first tasks you’ll need to complete is changing your title and tagline. The title and tagline in WordPress welcomes visitors to your website and quickly sums up its purpose. They also help promote a positive user experience for your visitors and encourage them to engage with your website.
You can easily change the title and tagline in the Theme Customizer in your WordPress dashboard. Continue reading to learn how to access the Theme Customizer and change the title and tagline in WordPress.
Enjoy fast, secure hosting optimized for your WordPress website with our WordPress Hosting plans.
Change the Title and Tagline in WordPress
- Log into the WordPress Dashboard.
- Depending on your theme, navigate to Appearance>Customize or Customize in the left sidebar.
- Click on Site Identity or Site Title and Tagline in the Customizer.
- Once in the Site Identity options, you can change the title and tagline, upload a logo, and set a site icon (or favicon). You can also disable the title and tagline if you simply want to show a logo.
- Once finished, click Publish to save your changes.
Congratulations, you now know how to customize the title and tagline in your WordPress site! Learn more WordPress tips and tricks in our WordPress Education Channel!